The Creative Economy: An Introductory Guide
Mapping the Creative Industries: A Toolkit
Information on the Young Creative Entrepreneur Programme
http://creativeconomy.wordpress.com/ - a blog about our recent activities relating to our YCE award programme, a global network of young entrepreneurs in the creative industries.
http://twitter.com/yceawards - our twitter stream with news, updates from and opportunities relevant to young creative entrepreneurs around the world.
http://creativeconomy.britishcouncil.org - our website, with more information about the awards and a comprehensive catalogue of all alumni of the programme: currently under construction but will be re-launched soon.
Department of Culture Media and Sport (DCMS)
National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)
- NESTA is an independent body with a mission to make the UK more innovative, including a number of useful reports and initiatives which work to understand why, and to find ways of helping creative businesses unleash their full innovative potential.
Creative and Cultural Skills
- CC Skills is the sector skills council for craft, cultural heritage, design, literature, music, performing and visual arts, including a number of useful industry reports and advice for careers in these sectors.
- Skillset is the Sector Skills Council for Creative Media which comprises TV, film, radio, interactive media, animation, computer games, facilities, photo imaging, publishing, advertising and fashion and textiles, including a number of useful industry reports and advice for careers in these sectors.
Local Government Improvement and Development
- A government web resource which aims to help local authorities make decisions about whether to invest in creative industries and, if so, how.
Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
- CBI is a lobbying organisation for UK business, including a recently launched creative industries campaign, including a report 'Creating Growth: A Blueprint for the Creative Industries'.